By the end of this session, learners should understand the key concepts and components of the Scrum@Scale framework and be able to apply this understanding to scale Scrum in a large organization effectively.
You’re a Product Owner at a large organization that has successfully used Scrum in small teams but now wants to scale these Agile practices across multiple teams and departments. The organization has chosen to adopt the Scrum@Scale framework to achieve this. As a Product Owner, you need to understand the Scrum@Scale framework and apply its principles to help your organization scale Scrum effectively.
How do you interpret the Scrum@Scale framework and apply it to your organization?
- Understand the Scrum@Scale Framework: Analyze the key components of the Scrum@Scale framework, including the Scrum Master Cycle, the Product Owner Cycle, and their intersecting components.
- Identify Potential Scrum@Scale Applications: Based on your understanding, identify how the Scrum@Scale framework can be applied in your organization. Consider how you might structure the Scrum teams, manage dependencies, maintain alignment, and scale the Product Owner and Scrum Master roles.
As you participate in this Microlearning module, consider the following reflection questions.
- What key principles and components of Scrum@Scale did you identify, and how do they contribute to the scaling of Scrum?
- What challenges do you anticipate in implementing Scrum@Scale, and how do you plan to overcome them?
- How do you anticipate the Scrum@Scale framework influencing the way Scrum is practiced in your organization?